Red Cow Hotel, Dublin.
Client: Michael Moran, Red Cow Complex, Dublin
Various Design & Build phases of developments at Red Cow Hotel, Naas Rd, Dublin, comprising the extension, repurposing and refurbishment of existing front of house and customer facilities, and associated site development works.
The project consisted of the full turnkey expansion, repurposing and refurbishment of existing facilities at the hotel, including;
- construction of 9 storey over basement extension delivering an additional 192 bedrooms, 15 meeting rooms (conference, boardroom and interview size spaces), public toilets and back of house areas
- construction of a new 500m2 front of house food and beverage atrium space including separate Cafe, Bar, Italian restaurant, and theatre style kitchen spaces
- construction of new multipurpose c 300m2 food and beverage / function and events space
- Repurposing of 13 existing bedrooms to new boardroom style meeting rooms including full strip out, fire safety works, fit out from shell and core, new ICT systems and refurbishment of circulation spaces
- Refurbishment and alterations to existing back of house offices and comms zones
- Enlarged and refurbished front of house reception area including new front of house experience and full client fit out
- Demolition of existing conference centre and construction of a new 175 space surface carpark,
- Associated ICT, Utility and Site Works
All works were carried out in a live, fully functioning, high occupancy hotel. MGM Partnership as cost and project manager/employers representative worked closely with the Client to ensure works had minimal impact on operations and all phases were successfully completed safely, on time and on budget. Many of the construction phases ran concurrently and thus became several independent projects progressing on a single masterplan timeline. MGM implemented a structured meeting and reporting protocol with the Clients stakeholders to ensure each project progressed on programme.
Services: Full Quantity Surveying, Project Management & Employers Representative Services.